Upgrade paths are as follows:
- If you purchased any of the following modules to add functionality to your i1Basic, i1Design LT, i1Photo LT or i1Pro OEM solution, purchase i1Publish Pro 2 Upgrade to get full i1Publish Pro 2 functionality. (During the upgrade process i1Profiler will check if the license flags on the instrument qualify for the level of purchased upgrade.)
- RGB Printer
- CMYK Printer
- If you originally purchased i1Photo, i1Photo SG, i1Proof, i1XT, or i1XTreme – buy i1Publish Pro 2 Upgrade to get full i1Publish Pro 2 functionality. (Use your existing i1Pro, still keep your license flags for i1Match software, and get all the new software, features and components).
- All ProfileMaker 5 packages are eligible for upgrade – purchase i1Publish Pro 2 Upgrade
(Use your existing Hasp4 dongle(s), still keep your license flags for ProfileMaker 5 software, and receive all the new software, hardware and components.)
- All MonacoPROFILER 4 packages are eligible for upgrade - purchase i1Publish Pro 2 Upgrade
(Keep your existing MonacoPROFILER dongle, and get a new i1Publish dongle with all the new software, hardware and components.)
- Customers of ProfileMaker 4.x or lower or MonacoPROFILER 3.x or lower can purchase the new i1Publish Pro 2 or i1Publish software solutions to bring your color management workflow up-to-date.
Dongle Upgrade Process
Upgrade package includes an activation code that is required during the activation process via i1Profiler software interface. Once entered and when connected to the internet, your i1Pro device or ProfileMaker dongle will automatically be coded for new i1Publish software. If you do not have internet connectivity, you will need to call a local X-Rite service center to receive a manual activation code.
MonacoPROFILER owners will need to call a local X-Rite service center to verify that existing dongle is valid. You will then receive a new i1Publish dongle by mail within 5 business days.
Local X-Rite service centers are listed in the i1Profiler activation screen. Complete instructions included in each upgrade package.
What's different in i1Publish Pro 2?
- A New Level of Accuracy: World class hardware and software delivers an Increased level of color accuracy across all devices
- More Versatily: 3 standard measurement conditions (M0-M2) in one device; appropriately account for paper OBAs for standard and specific lighting conditions; Increased ability to color manage solvent ink printers; increased measurement accuracy on uneven substrates
- Improved Ease of Use: Robust, virtually error-free scanning; status LED lights for visual guidance; easier accessory connectivity
- Built-In Reliability: Wavelength calibration technology for self check and correct; easy to clean optics and calibration white tile; XRGA equipped for adherence to ISO standards and ensures data integrity
i1Publish Pro 2 Upgrade includes:
i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer (measurement device), calibration plate, ambient light measurement head, monitor holder, positioning target, scanning ruler, backup board, USB cable, i1Profiler v1.x software for monitors, projectors, and RGB/CMYK+ printers, ColorChecker Camera Calibration software, PANTONE Color Manager software, ColorChecker Classic target [mini], ColorChecker Proof target and soft-sided storage case.